It's been awhile since my last update. The last few week were pretty uneventful in terms of results, with my bankroll somewhere in the vicinity of $2600. I am completely ignoring short term results so I cannot be more specific. Part of the reason why I don't have many results is that, for the last few weeks, I put in a lot of time studying the game. Maybe even 50% playing, 50% studying. I am playing $2/$4 LHE 6-max now mostly. With my bankroll boost a month ago, I essentially skipped $1/$2.
I glad to see that I am still making excellent progress improving my game. The development of a lot of players stagnates at some point I actually think the rate at which I am progressing is accelerating. And, perhaps the most important thing, I'm enjoying the game more than ever.
Ever since I won a $12-180 Sit&Go, I never played a Sit&Go or MTT again. Although playing these might be the best way to build my bankroll, I just felt more like playing LHE cash games. I'm not playing to build my bankroll, I'm playing to enjoy myself and to improve my game, the money usually follows.
Pot-Limit Omaha
Because I don't want to get stuck in Limit Hold'em, which seems to be dying, I'm always on the lookout for new games to play. People say that PLO is the cash game of the future so it makes sense to start learning the game sooner rather than later. Omaha is a lot more difficult than hold'em so you can get a bigger edge over your opponents which makes the game more profitable. I think it's going to take a significant amount of time to learn the game and to get used to the huge swings the game has. Still, I like the game and I plan to put in enough effort to get started in the game (LHE will still be my main focus for the time being).
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment