It has been a rough month. Net result of only approx. +40BB. Still, better than losing. When you are not showing any real profit, grinding really becomes tedious. Although I still have a decent edge in the games I play, I think it makes sense to start seeking out new frontiers.
When looking at my motivation to play poker, its mostly winning money that's fun. The game itself is also definitely fun but if you have nothing to show after a while, it appears to become futile and I lose interest. Limit Holdem is getting tougher and tougher and I don't want to get stuck there. Maybe I can work my way up to $5/$10 but I doubt I will be more than a marginal winner there. I think it makes more sense to gradually include other forms of poker in my game selection. And since I mostly like winning money, it makes sense to seek out the weakest possible opposition. MTT's are by far the most popular type of game, meaning the concentration of fish is highest. So I have decided to shift my attention to MTT's also. I plan on playing around 80% LHE cash games and 20% NLHE tournaments, depending on my mood and available games. I think that in the future, my focus will eventually shift more towards MTT's. In a few months, I hope to play something like 50/50 LHE cash and MTT's.
As far as I'm concerned, I plan on playing the $3 rebuy satellites mostly. The flat pay-out structure combined with the huge amount of dead money being pumped in the price-pool by donkeys who rebuy too often make these my most EV+ choice for the moment. I will also use my FPP's to play as many satellites to the $11 tourneys. These STT satellites are very soft and I can't think of a better way to spend my FPP's anyway.
Current Bankroll: $790
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment