My goals for the near future. My main focus will be on improving my game and having fun while playing. Making money will be a nice side-effect but I won't lose sleep over breaking even.
I will be making a new post here every month to report on my progress. Current Bankroll (1 February 2007): $101
Cash games
At the moment I am playing limit FR $0.25/$0.50. My bankroll doesn't really support this limit so no reason to step up for the moment. If I start running bad I will step down to $0.10/$0.20. Hopefully my bankroll will grow allowing me to move to $0.50/$1 in the near future.
I also play shorthanded $0.05/$0.10. This is not for bankroll development but more for educational purposes. There may come a time when I will make these 6max games my main focus but that won't be any time soon.
And to conclude I also play some FR $0.02/$0.04 as a role-playing exercise. I play very loose and aggressive preflop but intelligent postflop (at least I try to). These experiences will certainly improve my game. It is also a good way to blow off some steam and it's just fun to play like an idiot and see your opponents 'adjusting' and play even worse.
Tourneys
I recently started to play some MMTs. Realizing I am not very good at these I decided to start with very low buy-in tourneys. Stars have $0.10 turbo MMTs where they add $50 to the prize pool. These are excellent to start and gain some experience. Obviously, I cannot expect to make much profit at these. If I get proficient at these I may try some higher buy-in tourneys (if my bankroll allows it).
Books
I have read several books and intend to read many more. I also want to re-read some of the better books I have. The problem is that I am usually unable to re-read anything I read before (I get bored very easily), instead I will re-read interesting parts of these book.
Already read:
- Winning Low Limit Hold'em by Lee Jones
- Internet Texas Hold'em by Matthew Hilger (Re-read)
- Small Stakes Hold'em by Sklansky, Malmuth and Miller (Re-read)
- How good is your Limit Hold'em by Byron Jacobs and Jim Brier
- Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players by Sklansky and Malmuth
- Theory of Poker by Sklansky (Re-read)
- Ace on the River by Barry Greenstein
New books to read:
- Harrington on Hold'em volume 1 & 2 (ordered)
- Middle Limit Hold'em by Ciaffone and Brier
- Weighing the Odds in Hold'em Poker by King Yao
- Limit Hold'em: Winning Short-handed Strategies by Terry Borer, Lawrence Mak, Barry Tanenbaum (due june '07)
Monday, January 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment